DIY编程器网

标题: SPI Flash Programmer(linux) [打印本页]

作者: liyf    时间: 2011-12-10 16:55
标题: SPI Flash Programmer(linux)
Introduction

Many recent motherboards use SPI flash memory instead of regular (parallel) NOR flash devices. And in unfortunate case of failed BIOS upgrade, it's no longer possible to use good old "hot swap" flash programming method, because SPI is not socketed.

I designed a very simple SPI flash programmer, that includes only one IC. But yet it fully functional and allows user to read, write and erase SPI flash devices.
The programmer's software supports only SST25VF016B devices, found on many Intels' motherboards. But I believe that only minor code modifications are required to add support for other types of SPI.

Hardware
PC's parallel port is used to control the programmer (I know that some recent motherboards don't have such a port, but I am sure that you still have some older system with such port around ;-).
The only (active) component in the programmer is a CD4049UB inverting buffer IC. The programmer requires a 3.3V power supply. You can find this voltage on an ATX power supply (orange wires) installed in your computer, or simply use a pair of AA batteries.

See attachments for the schematics (EAGLE).

Software
Programmer's software is written for Linux. It uses some sample SPI programming code provided by SST.
Following modes of operation are supported: id,  read, write, and erase.
You may notice that verify mode is not provided, but you can easily verify a device by reading its content and comparing it to the original file (diff is your friend).
See attachments for programmer's software source code.

Few tips

原理图
spi_programmer.sch (31.01 KB, 下载次数: 11)
软件
spi_programmer-0[1].2.tar.gz (9.74 KB, 下载次数: 16)

作者: tcqinzh    时间: 2015-1-7 11:26
有资料,可以DIY了,积极参与,好好学习
作者: lusonlin    时间: 2021-2-13 11:45
感谢分享,学习了

欢迎光临 DIY编程器网 (http://diybcq.com./) Powered by Discuz! X3.2